The Northumberland Children's Services Committee (NCSC) is committed to planning and implementing services responsive to the needs of families, children and youth in Northumberland County with a view to promoting Healthy Communities. Further, we are committed to facilitating a collaboration of service providers to achieve the most effective and efficient use of resources, and to achieve the best possible outcome for the community.
- To represent children and youth in the county whose quality of life is, or could be affected by special needs, adverse circumstances or barriers.
- To share agency resources effectively to achieve and advocate for common goals.
- To provide a service defined by, and genuinely responsive to the families, children and youth of Northumberland County and where feasible and appropriate involve consumers and youth engagement strategies.
- To facilitate education, including professional development, about services and resources available to children, youth and families in Northumberland County
- To advocate regarding issues that relate to children, youth & families in Northumberland County and promote Healthy Communities.
- To deliver services without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, physical disability, or other characteristics. Services should be sensitive and responsive to cultural differences and special needs.